BOARD OF TRUSTEES
Jean Wheaton - District I
Debbie Smith - District II
Jefferson Hughes - District III
Christy Holifield - District IV
Wade Hosey - District V
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
The Board of Trustees of the West Jasper School District has the responsibility, on behalf of the public, to determine the goals of the school district. In discharging that responsibility, the board has addressed four primary areas: (1) Instruction, (2) Staffing, (3) School climate, (4) Operations.
- To develop an articulated instructional management plan with a scope and sequence of core(basic) skills at each grade level and in each subject area that each student is expected to demonstrate mastery.
- To assure that each student's learning style, rate of learning, interest, capacities, and goals are considered in the teaching-learning process.
- To make provisions for remediation, where needed, through the teach, re-teach program, alternate educational programs, extended school year program, and/or summer school programs.
- To develop a comprehensive and articulated program for handicapped students in the least restrictive environment.
- To promote a more relevant and challenging secondary school curriculum which adequately prepares students for vocational goals or post-secondary educational experience.
- To provide prescriptive, balanced approaches to reading instruction.
- To meet or exceed the performance goals mandated by the accreditation and accountability standards established for Mississippi schools and the No Child Left Behind Act.
- To provide appropriately certified and classified stafrfing in numbers adequate to meet district needs.
- To reduce pupil-teacher ratios.
- To establish minimum acceptable professional performance standards for all personnal.
- To provide staff development activities and professional growth experiences for all personnel.
- To provide high quality teaching staff with systemic instructional support.
- School Climate
- To provide for a safe, orderly environment and a climate conducive to teaching and learning.
- To make every effort to enroll and keep in attendance every student of educable age.
- To assure that each individual is treated with respect by all members of the school community.
- To recognize the achievement of both students and staff.
- To continue refinement and enforcement of disciplinary procedures.
- To encourage parental involvement in the education of their children.
- To make every effort to secure adequate funding for staff, education programs, facilities, and materials necessary to meet the goals of the school district.
- To operate within a balanced budget.
- To develop and maintain an up-to-date inventory of the physical resources of the school district.
- To develop long-range, visionary plans for the efficient operation of the school district.
In establishing these goals for the school district, the board does not attempt to diminish the important issues facing the district.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.